Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Am So Thankful

Sometimes I wonder why I am blessed with so much.  There are so many people who are much more deserving that I am and I just wanted to take a moment to share my gratitude today.
I have been bless with wonderful children who have become responsible adult citizens.  They are hard working and chose wonderful mates and have become wonderful parents to my 4 beautiful grandchildren.
I have been blessed with another wonderful husband who loves and cares for me.  He listens (even when I think he isn't) and is always doing kind and thoughtful things for me.  He never lets a day go by without showing his love for me.
I have been blessed with wonderful friends whom I love dearly and I have been blessed with having the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, that reminds me daily of why I am here and what my purpose on this earth is.
For the last two Christmases I have been giving DeWayne a bad time about not having Christmas lights.  DeWayne is afraid of heights and doesn't like to get up on the roof.  Every time we would go past someones house that had lights on it I would remind him that I didn't have Christmas lights.
Last night when I drove into our subdivision I almost drove right past our house, because it had Christmas lights on it and I didn't even recognize it.
Without my knowing it he and our good friend Ron Koller went and purchased lights and Ron helped DeWayne hang them.  I know this isn't such a big deal but it made me cry.  Not because of the lights but of the fact that he would do something that meant so much to me.
I am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with.  I couldn't let another day go by without sharing my gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment